Allergy skin tests are used to find out which substances cause a person to have an allergic reaction.
The experts at “Fc Shahter” are experienced in diagnosing and treating skin allergies.
We treat different kinds of skin allergies like:
* Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
* Allergic Contact Dermatitis
* Urticaria (Hives)
If you suffer from skin irritants, our dermatologist will perform patch allergy tests to learn what is causing the distress.
Our team is trained and experienced in the diagnosis and treatment of medical skin conditions in addition to advanced cosmetic dermatology procedures.
No matter the skin allergy, there are some common symptoms you may experience on your skin. Some of these common symptoms are:
* Redness and swelling
* Severe itching
* Bumps or blisters that may ooze fluid
* Peeling, cracking or flaking of the skin
The most common causes of skin allergies include:
* Nickel, a metal used in jewelry and snaps on jeans, makeup, lotions, soaps, and shampoos
* Sunscreens and bug sprays
* Medications you put on your skin, like antibiotics or anti-itch creams
* Cleaning products
* Plants, including poison ivy
* Latex, which is used in stretchy things like plastic gloves, elastic in clothing, condoms, and balloons
How severe your symptoms are, how frequently you break out and where the rash is located are some of the things to consider when deciding on the best course of treatment for your dermatitis.
When you do begin to experience irritation on your skin, it’s best to immediately wash the area with pure soap that has no fragrance. If the offending irritant is oil based, use rubbing alcohol or dish detergent.